Thursday 5 July 2012

Pozo.. over and out

Not many heats to report from me. Yesterday I had the single elimination heat against Ricardo Campello. I had a pretty solid heat and almost equalled him on jumps, but unfortunately despite getting some OK waves, he managed a nice frontside 360, which made the difference. Then today in the double I went against Allesio Stillrich. It was howling! really really windy. For the first time in years I have a 3.4, so I went with that, but I think it was a mistake. I spent a lot of the heat a bit underpowered, crazy considering it was 50 kts! I could do enough, but missed a bit of power to get really high in the jumps and also to really ride probably. In the end I lost 2:1 on the judges, so pretty gutted. It means I finish 17th. Very hard conditions to sail consistent in. Fortunately not long to wait for the next event in Tenerife where hopefully I can improve a bit.

No comments: